How to Use Campus Phones and Pagers
How to Use Campus Phones
- 241 exchange becomes 4 (e.g., 212-241-xxxx = 4-xxxx)
- 659 exchange becomes 8 (e.g., 212-659-xxxx = 8-xxxx)
- 824 exchange becomes 5 (e.g., 212-824-xxxx = 5-xxxx)
- Outside line: 9 + 1 + area code + number
- Long distance: dial the number and enter your long distance code. You will receive this code at the beginning of the year from the Department of Medicine.
How To Use Pagers
- Tapping any link on this page on a smartphone will call the pager.
- Long Range Paging: 9 (to get an outside line) + 1 + pager number.
- Short Range Paging | 4-1300
- Text pages for non-medicine housestaff | AMION, password: "mssm"
- Text pages for medicine staff | AMION, password: "msmed"
- Forward pagers | Call 4-1200, enter pager number and #, press 1, then 7, then pager number to be forwarded to and #
- Unforward Pagers | Call 4-1200, enter pager #, press 0.
- Change greeting | Call 4-1200, enter pager #, 1, then 3.